December 10, 2011

Juice Fast - Day 5

Well folks, this is it. I've decided today will be my last day of juicing. Yeah, I know, I didn't make it to 10 days. But first of all, I don't feel fasting any longer will really give me any more health benefits (I could be wrong, of course). Secondly, I've lost 7 pounds in five days and I don't think I need to lose anymore. Drinking juice has lost its appeal. Also I think I have good enough self-control now...haha just kidding.

Today was great! I thought that it would be harder not to eat today because it's the weekend and I don't have work to occupy me from not eating. But I went out "frolicking" in the snow and that definitely distracted me from wanting to eat real food. I can't wait for tomorrow though! I've been told I shouldn't start off eating lots (especially unhealthy food) with a bang, because it will shock my body and undue whatever it is that this juice fasting did for me. But there are some things I'm really craving: pancakes, pasta & sauce (as mentioned earlier on Day 3), toast with butter and yeast flakes, pretty much anything savory at this point.


Oh I was sorely tempted tonight. As a Seventh-day Adventist, we believe the Sabbath is from sundown to sundown; Friday evening to Sabbath evening. Soooooo according to that mindset, once the sun went down tonight, didn't that mean that my juice fast was over because it is the next day pretty much?? Much as I would have liked to eat, I wanted to end this thing fair and square.....and I did eat the night before I started.

This morning I juiced enough to last me all day because I knew I was going to be out and about.

Today's juice:
Kale
Spinach
4 small broccoli stalks
Ginger
1 lemon
1/2 lime
Grapefruit
Oranges
Carrots

It was quite a mixture, but I liked it. I persuaded my friend Ben to try some, he wasn't so keen.

And since I know you all are dying to know what I'm going to eat tomorrow in celebration........well I'll tell you tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment