December 8, 2011

Juice Fast - Day 3

This morning Jennifer decided to only have vegetable juice, I wasn't quite as brave so I made my own juice with fruit in it. I'm scared I wouldn't be able to get just veggie juice down.

Breakfast:
Pears
Celery (5 stalks I think)
Little bit of ginger
1/2 a lemon
A bit of parsley
1/4 of an english cucumber
Carrots

It had little bits of pear pieces in it, maybe I didn't have the juicer on a high enough setting.


Just before lunch time I was hungry but I just did not feel like drinking juice. I made juice anyways and enjoyed it although I could only drink about half of my liter.

Here's what I made for lunch for myself:
Kale
1/2 lemon
Ginger
Apples
4 Roma tomatoes
I tried some of the juice at this point and it was just lacking something, so I added some carrots--much better!

It takes me about 45 minutes to go through the whole juicing process: washing the fruits/veggies; cutting everything into juicer sized pieces; juicing everything; and finally cleaning up. The juicer takes awhile to clean, especially the filter screen thing.

Jenn has been craving more salty, not sweet, drinks and I think it is hard to juice that way. Most of the juice bases are sweet: oranges, apples, carrots, all are sweet. She's drinking coconut juice for lunch today. So far the naturally sweet juices have been okay for me, but when she mentioned more savory type drinks, it made me want salt.

In the afternoon I started dreaming about food at least for a little while. White pasta with delicious pasta sauce...to die for. Just typing it is making me salivate. And then when I went down to the cafeteria to get my leftover lunch juice to drink for supper, the cook, Mrs. T had bread with sliced tomatoes sitting on her plate and I just had to look away so quick. I saw them again on my way out and I could just imagine: lightly salted, slightly crunchy, juicy tomato slices on my favorite Silver Hills kamut bread, crisply toast with a thin spread of vegenaise. Ten days is starting to sound like a long time, so is five days...

Jenn and I cheated a bit for supper tonight! =\  She made vegetable stock broth and ohhhh it was so good; so nice and salty! I don't think it was tooooo bad to drink it. It's mostly herbs and stuff right? =)

Day 3 Observations
I feel almost like I might be getting sick. My throat was a teeny bit sore today. I'm not sure if it has to do with juicing or not. Maybe I was just destined to get sick no matter what I was eating??

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I can´t believe you´re acctually doing a 10 day juice fast! (acctually I do believe it.
    I don´t know much about juice fasts but is it enough to only drink the juice instead of meals? I would have thought it was good to drink some in between "meals" to keep the blood sugar steady. but like I said, I have no idea. P90X AND fasting.. that definately requires alot of self discipline!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Alissa! You are soooo funny! Are you going to keep up with the juice fast? lol -Christine

    ReplyDelete