November 23, 2012

Guest Room Embarrassment

Yesterday evening I hurried through the cafeteria when I came upon a distraught Bethany (guest room manager), “The guests who were staying in guest room #6 that left for a few days ago are returning tonight, and I heard that the maintenance crew were in their room working and it might be a mess. I've been trying to get a hold of my mother to ask her to check, but I can’t find her and I have to run to orchestra practice right now!”  
“Don’t worry,” I soothed, “I’ll go check out the room and make sure it's okay.” Hopping on my dirt bike I navigate down the dark road without a headlight towards the guest rooms. Pulling right up in front of the door to guest room #6, I jumped off my bike and yanked the door open. Imagine my surprise and horror to find a woman standing there in the room staring back at me; her husband was lying in the bed. In shock I just quickly shut the door. Apparently the guests had returned earlier than expected. But then I stood outside the closed door thinking they were probably wondering what I had been doing. I'd better tell them I decided. But in my flustered state, instead of knocking first, I just opened the door right up again. Apologetically I explained the situation to the nice lady and tried to make a hasty departure. But then my dirt bike was having trouble starting, it was too cold for it, and I’m sure they could hear me trying over and over to start it. Finally with a sigh of relief I made my escape.

1 comment: