April 25, 2012

Birdy Poo



Poop isn't very endearing right? Well that's what I thought. As as kid I decided the word "poop" was a disgusting word and I didn't like saying it, hearing it, or anything. So (many years later) when my friend Emma nicknamed me "poop" I was surprised that I found it to be affectionate rather than distasteful.

Now some of my friends and I fondly suffix "poo" to other's names - Alexpoo, Daviepoo, Elliepoo, Lissypoo, Emmapoo. Well you get the point.  Although some people don't seem to appreciate the loving use of the "poo" suffix in public. Maybe I've been wrong in my thinking and it's actually spelled pooh as in Pooh Bear and not "poo" at all. Daviepooh, Hansiepooh, Alexpooh: hmm nope, it's definitely not with an "h". It's all about the poo.

Speaking of poo, or poop rather, I wonder how many people have had the unfortunate event of being pooped upon by a bird. And I'm not talking about people who own birds.
I want to know on average how many times a person will be hit by flying birdie poop.  So I did a bit of google research and came up with very little. Web search engine ChaCha says:
There aren't any statistics kept on how many times people get pooped on [by birds], ChaCha thinks it's probably a large number, however. 
And that was the best answer I found online. Google fail. I myself have been pooped on by birds twice in my short lifetime. The first time was when I was on a mission trip in India. We had been in India for weeks and I was so tired of Indian food! Honestly I had never been so excited to see a McDonalds. Boy was I happy to eat there, and they had amazing veggie burgers, probably due to all the Hindus. Maybe they wouldn't be as amazing to me now, but they definitely were that day. After eating our fill of familiar American food, I was standing outside under a wide overhang waiting for our group to reconvene, when the dreaded event occurred. I felt something hit my hair and with a sinking feeling I wondered if it was indeed what I thought it was. Turning to a friend standing next to me, I asked her if there was bird poop in my hair, she confirmed that yes there was. India isn't the best place for finding sanitary bathrooms with mirrors and running water, so my friend kindly cleaned the poo out of my hear with those little alcohol hand-wipes. Gross.

The second time was while I was in Thailand attending college. It was morning, and me, not being the greatest morning person ever (to state it lightly), was running late for class. So here I am hurrying from my dorm room down the street to my first class of the day when tragedy struck. Birdie poo struck. And it landed right on my forehead. Gingerly reaching my hand up to confirm what had actually happened, I felt sick! Embarrassedly glancing about, hoping no one had noticed my misfortune, I rushed as quickly as possible to the nearest bathroom trying to hold my hand over my forehead without actually touching it. And I was late to class, really late. 

So I think that foreign birds just really have something against me. Guess I won't be traveling overseas anymore. =)

1 comment:

  1. Weren't we talking about you being pooped on by birds a couple days ago? I guess I'm just inspirational. =D

    ReplyDelete