August 16, 2011

Pizzarama

I quit work early today to come home and cook pizza for the birthday party we had tonight, or should I say birthday parties. When we young staff at Fountainview have birthday parties we have it for whoevers birthday was during that month, makes things easier. Ellen had been working with me, but she had to run get some pizza sauce.
I was chopping away at my mushrooms for the pizza, when the phone rang. I picked it up answering, "Hello."
There was a young guy on the other end, who sounded like one of our young staff on campus. He asked "Hi, can I order a pizza?"
Thinking it was one of the guys coming to our party who was just joking around, I answered enthusiastically, "Coming right up!"
He seemed a bit confused and then he asked, "This is Pizzarama right?"
I laughed, "You're kidding right?" I asked incredulously.
"Uh no," He replied sounding even more confused. It was at this point that I began to realized that he was actually serious!
"You totally have the wrong number!" I informed him. "But the funny thing is, I'm actually making pizza right now!" I laughed. He didn't.
"So do you have their number?" He questioned.
"No, sorry I don't." And with that our conversation was over, and I had a good laugh.

3 comments: